need help upgrading

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
espin195
Private Second Class

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2007-07-09

PostSubject: need help upgrading   Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:57 pm

last week i got an echo 1 m4 ris and i am new to aeg airsoft and im wondering what i need to upgrade the fps to 400.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RVAirsoft
Private Second Class

Registration date : 2007-07-08

PostSubject: Re: need help upgrading   Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:06 pm

a tightbore barrel and a m120 spring should get you to 400 fps, you may need to upgrade some internals because sometimes a heavier spring can damage your piston
Back to top Go down
View user profile
M4 Master
Corporal
Corporal

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2007-06-13

PostSubject: Re: need help upgrading   Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:56 pm

if you get a JG, the fps will be closer to 400 to start, so you're more likely to reach your goal easier with a JG.

The FIRST thing you MUST replace are the bushings. They are plastic stock and will melt under high resistances or even under regular resistences over time. Secondly, with a tightbore and some .2-.25g bb's you should be at 400fps right there. Especially w/ .2's but you'll want to use .25's for best accuracy. While you're in the gearbox however you could upgrade the piston head, get a guarder polycarb pistonhead, it will serve you well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
espin195
Private Second Class

PostSubject: Re: need help upgrading   Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:48 pm

ok thanks but do i need to get a new spring guide, gears, piston+piston head, and motor
Back to top Go down
View user profile
espin195
Private Second Class

PostSubject: Re: need help upgrading   Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:02 pm

ps how tight is a good barrel and what does that help you with.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Airsoftguy
Corporal
Corporal

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: need help upgrading   Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:38 pm

It will give you a better airseal, giving you about 15 more fps, and it will make your gun more accurate.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.airsoftreports.com/forum   http://airsoftgates.clicko
M4 Master
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: need help upgrading   Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:33 pm

espin195 wrote:
ok thanks but do i need to get a new spring guide, gears, piston+piston head, and motor

You do not need to get all those parts, I mean sure you could get them and it wouldn't hurt at all, but you honestly dont' need all that. My JG M4 gets 376fps on average with .2g bb's. If I put in a tightbore I would automatically be at 400fps!

Why do you need a new spring guide, the stock one is metal and of fine quality. However, if you want to get one, at least make sure you get a bearing spring guide.

As for gears, they have to do with your rate of fire, not fps, and the stock gears can handle 400fps fine so don't worry about their durability.

Piston is fine, although I have heard things about it stripping in time, it's really not necessary as most hold up just fine for very long (10,000+ shots)

Piston head you could get however. It would give you a better airseal and boost your fps just a bit, it's the only part from you list that I would actually consider buying myself if I was upgrading to 400.

The motor, again, has nothing to do with fps. If you go to 400, and get there by means of airseal improvement and not by upgrading the spring (which you shouldn't anyways) then the motor gets no extra strain. The motor only needs replacing with the spring being replaced because now the motor has to pull a harder spring and thus be stronger. However, since you will improve you airseal it will just be firing faster with the same spring, so the stock motor is fine. If it's ROF you want, get a bigger battery and a PEQ box.

EDIT: A good barrel is about 6.04mm and last time I checked JG and Echo 1's have that diameter in stock form. However, you could get a Systema 363mm 6.03mm inner barrel, should give a small boost in fps as well as a large boost in accuracy depending on whether or not these guns have tightbores stock.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Airsoftguy
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: need help upgrading   Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:46 pm

espin195 wrote:

I would say it would be good to get all of those parts exept gears and the motor. A metal spring guide, piston and piston head will make your gun last longer. I don't think that the motor or the gears will help you with anything.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.airsoftreports.com/forum   http://airsoftgates.clicko
M4 Master
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: need help upgrading   Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:59 pm

Airsoftguy wrote:
espin195 wrote:

I would say it would be good to get all of those parts exept gears and the motor. A metal spring guide, piston and piston head will make your gun last longer. I don't think that the motor or the gears will help you with anything.

Well the stock spring guide is metal already so idk why he needs a new one, there is no reason to drop another 17 bucks on that piece right there. As for a new piston, I see nothing wrong with the old one, it works just fine and will hold up at 400fps. The reason being is that he isn't going to increase the spring tension. He will just make the airseal better and increase the fps with the stock spring. If the piston comes with the gun then it can handle the stock spring, and if he isnt' changing the stock spring then there is no reason to change the stock piston.

The piston head COULD be changed for a better airseal however such a replacement isn't necessary. You could reach 400 with a tightbore and some Electrical tape.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Airsoftguy
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: need help upgrading   Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:01 pm

I think the spring guid is plastic.
Back to top Go down
espin195
Private Second Class

PostSubject: Re: need help upgrading   Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:38 pm

what type of piston(piston head) are the silent ones?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
M4 Master
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: need help upgrading   Sat Jul 14, 2007 2:20 pm

The spring guide is confirmed as being metal, just to ease any concern you may have had.

The silent piston and piston heads are great as they reduce the sound of the gun while firing, however, if you are looking to achieve better compression to push your gun over 400fps, you won't want to get a silent piston head as it will reduce the velocity of the gun. (Can someone confirm that statement)

It is my understanding that it works just like an airbrake, with a longer airbrake, less sound escapes because there is a longer rod entering the hole (no jokes please lol) When that rod is shortened, the result is a louder entrance noise and quicker and harder compression. If you get a silent piston/piston head, it will have the same effect.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: need help upgrading   

Back to top Go down

need help upgrading
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1