Echo 1 Owners Group

This is a forum for all people who love airsoft, and Echo 1

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

JG M4, just ordered, anything I should know?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
M4 Master
Corporal
Corporal

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2007-06-13

PostSubject: JG M4, just ordered, anything I should know?   Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:03 pm

Hey guys, I just recently ordered the JG M4A1 Carbine from Evike. I hope that wasn't a bad idea as the order is already placed.

However, is there anything I should know about the gun before I start using it, aside from charging the battery lol. Btw, how long do you guys charge the battery when you first get it? Also, it's an NiMh right?

However, I have read about the gun in 100's of posts, but just in case there was anything new that I have forgotten.

Yea and I got .25g Matrix bb's with it for a little more accuracy and range.

If theres anything I ought to know, please post it here so I don't mess it up! Thanks!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
spence52490
Corporal
Corporal

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2007-02-23

PostSubject: Re: JG M4, just ordered, anything I should know?   Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:56 am

M4A1 its great... thats all I know.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nate
Corporal
Corporal

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2007-04-02

PostSubject: Re: JG M4, just ordered, anything I should know?   Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:11 pm

i know that with the dust cover, if you mess around with pulling the handle back, clipping on the dust cover, and then letting the handle go, it will break after a few times. and you might want to get a 9.6v battery
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tullamore
Private First Class
Private First Class

Number of posts : 35

PostSubject: Re: JG M4, just ordered, anything I should know?   Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:51 pm

Nate wrote:
i know that with the dust cover, if you mess around with pulling the handle back, clipping on the dust cover, and then letting the handle go, it will break after a few times. and you might want to get a 9.6v battery
^^This is the only time I've ever heard of that happening. Don't worry too much about breaking the charging handle.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nate
Corporal
Corporal

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2007-04-02

PostSubject: Re: JG M4, just ordered, anything I should know?   Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:01 am

no no. it was the lil' plastic piece on the dust cover that broke.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
M4 Master
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: JG M4, just ordered, anything I should know?   Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:07 pm

yea I actually remember playing with that on my friends ICS M4, I'll be sure to leave it alone though as I don't really have any particular fascination with the thing.

Also, I hear that the stock battery is VERY good quality. Is that true? Should I really worry about getting a 9.6v?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
emptyfealings
Private Second Class

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2007-04-18

PostSubject: Re: JG M4, just ordered, anything I should know?   Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:32 pm

teh same thing happend to me with my dust cover but u can get a new one at www.uncompanyairsoft.com for like 10 bucks
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tullamore
Private First Class
Private First Class

Number of posts : 35

PostSubject: Re: JG M4, just ordered, anything I should know?   Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:05 pm

M4 Master wrote:
yea I actually remember playing with that on my friends ICS M4, I'll be sure to leave it alone though as I don't really have any particular fascination with the thing.

Also, I hear that the stock battery is VERY good quality. Is that true? Should I really worry about getting a 9.6v?
I've played all day on the stock battery many times without problems. A new battery is low on the list of things you need to get. The dust cover problem still isn't much of a problem considering we don't know the circumstances under which it was broken, and there are now only two cases of it ever being a problem. As long as you don't yank it violently you'll be find. I must have done it thousands of times by now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
M4 Master
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: JG M4, just ordered, anything I should know?   Sat Jun 23, 2007 7:52 am

I just got my gun today, and first impression was that it's very solid! I have only had a crappy springer HFC M16 and I was nervous as heck that it was gonna feel like that. But it's awesome! Haven't fired it yet, still charging the battery, but it's very heavy.

I'm already custom making my suppressor for it, I'm waiting on my coat of paint to dry and it's done, whole process took about 15 min between cutting and painting, drying is the longest step lol. I'll post some pics of it as soon as I can figure out how to use our digital camera's upload feature. We have a canon powershot if anyone wants to help lol.

I'm charging the battery for 4 hours, I hope that's right, and as for all that business about the battery being hard to put in, I didn't see that with mine. Maybe I got a peach in that regard but it was pretty easy, fits perfect, only problem is getting the handguards off really.

I got .25g bb's, seemed like a good choice for fps like this gun has. Could someone tell me what kind of range to expect so I will be able to tell if I got a lemon or not?

Thanks for reading guys, can't wait to post more about how it turns out!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
M4 Master
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: JG M4, just ordered, anything I should know?   Sat Jun 23, 2007 3:01 pm

Alright so I tested it out today, and it's amazing!

By FAR the best airsoft purchase I have ever made. I am 100% satisfied with the gun after having done at least 3 months worth of web browsing I could not be happier with my decision. I strongly urge anyone in doubt about these guns to get one, you WILL NOT be dissappointed.

The custom suppressor looks great, however I will probably be making a new one as this first one was just a trial run and things could have been better. I sanded the pvc pipe so the paint would adhere better and it ends up not covering the scratches well enough. So don't sand pvc pipe lol. Also, my CD endcap it pretty good, but when I moved the suppressor a bit and tried to shoot I hit the cap and it popped off and fell out my window two stories down. Luckily it was fine and I put it back on.

As for performance, It's awesome. I see that it tends to occasionally downhop, but shooting on full auto bursts makes it catch the hop up perfectly. Strange how that happens. I love it though, and I can't wait to use it more.

Also, has anyone ever noticed the way that when you shoot the gun it feels like the motor is hitting the side/jumping around inside the grip? I didn't notice it all day until the end of the day when I happened to be concentrating on the motor. Just a thought.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cpt. Obvious
Private Second Class

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2007-10-03

PostSubject: Re: JG M4, just ordered, anything I should know?   Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:41 pm

Nate wrote:
and you might want to get a 9.6v battery
putting a 9.6v battery will just increase wear on the internals and eventually destroy the gun, epecially if it's just a JG.

Last edited by on Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Airsoftguy
Corporal
Corporal

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: JG M4, just ordered, anything I should know?   Sat Dec 01, 2007 11:41 am

It should have come with a Ni Cd battery
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.airsoftreports.com/forum   http://airsoftgates.clicko
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: JG M4, just ordered, anything I should know?   

Back to top Go down

JG M4, just ordered, anything I should know?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1