Hello from Fort Worth, Texas

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Triumph
Private Second Class

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2007-03-12

PostSubject: Hello from Fort Worth, Texas   Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:39 pm

Hey guys I am brand new to AS. I have been looking at the TM m4 or M733. I recently have read rave reviews about Echo 1 and wanted the real deal from real owners. First off what is the difference in the m4a1 and the m733 offered by echo1? Secondly, I CAN afford a TM or CA, should I still buy an echo? I wanted to get the echo 1 because it is cheaper and I can upgrade it for a lot less overall. Third, if I do grab the Echo, what upgrades should I buy asap?

Thanks,

TriumpH
Back to top Go down
View user profile
spence52490
Corporal
Corporal

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2007-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Fort Worth, Texas   Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:23 pm

Ok here are the differences between the The Echo 1 M4 and the M733

M733

- Fixed carrying handle

- Four Position Stock

- Shorter in length than the M4

M4A1

- Removable Carrying handle w/ weaver rail

- six position LE stock

- Longer than the M733

Personally I think you should buy the TM if you want a good stock weapon, but if you want a strong upgrade platform definitely go for the Echo 1. As far as upgrades needed on spot, I would just say a ball bearing spring guide and a new battery. The shimming is pretty good and the gears are good and can hold up well. The bushings should run you awhile unless your putting in a more powerful spring. The echo 1 M4A1 I own is very sturdy and should last you awhile but there are a few lemons that might set you back a few dollars in fixing. In the end it's all about what you feel is right for you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Triumph
Private Second Class

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Fort Worth, Texas   Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:10 pm

How much repair dollars would I be looking at if buy a "lemon"? Should I pick up spare parts just in case?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
spence52490
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Fort Worth, Texas   Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:15 pm

You wouldn't spend much. With echo 1 lemons you could probably fix the problem yourself so you won't need spare parts, unless your upgrading.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
General Connel
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 38

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Fort Worth, Texas   Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:31 pm

LOL. Don't ever get TM, Echo, or CA if you can afford CA.
G&P Make the Best M4 models on the market.
They cost $300
Full metal
380fps.
Their a TM in a CA with a Echo Spring.
Oh and their body's are much better than CA as well.

Personally, if my M4A1 doesn't work out. I'm saving up for a G&P Marine afro
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://echo1og.american-forum.net
Triumph
Private Second Class

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Fort Worth, Texas   Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:02 pm

Well I just bid on a m4a1 ris tm for 250.00 so if I dont win that I may look into the g&p. but the echo1 that is pictured in the other thread is sweet. that thing looks great.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
crimsonfalcon07
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2007-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Fort Worth, Texas   Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:49 pm

I agree with Connel on this one--TM is over-rated. If you can afford a high-end, G&P and G&G are much better options. Of course, if you can afford a Systema Training Weapon, you'll never have to do anything at all, except occasionally clean the barrel. But I'd definitely recommend the Echo 1 or A&K M-series over the TM M-series. The TM M-series are the worst TM guns, and both JG/Echo 1 and A&K are much better.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
spence52490
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Fort Worth, Texas   Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:07 am

I was wondering why you guys would recommend a gun you don't have. G&P guns have there problems too. I'll stay with the echo 1 M4A1 as my recommendation just because it'll be less costly in the long run. I mean what if your G&P breaks are you going to want to go in it and fix it yourself? Just because it has a metal body and a $299+ price tag doesn't mean it will last you.

General Connel wrote:

380fps
Their a TM in a CA with a Echo Spring.
Oh and their body's are much better than CA as well.

Wrong. First I'd like to know were you can get a G&P Armalite for $300 dollars. Secondly they use a higher quality metal than classic army does. CA uses some pot metal for their bodies. Lastly they shoot 320-350fps stock not 380fps.

And crimson if you never have to do anything to a systema gun why would they make spare parts for their guns? The bottom line is with enough use any AEG will break. A little knowledge goes a long way guys, don't always believe everything you hear because If you did you wouldn't own any clone guns.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
crimsonfalcon07
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Fort Worth, Texas   Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:39 pm

Calm down, take a deep breath, and don't get so worked up. Clone guns for me are a phase; I'm not too concerned with the lower reliability of clones because I know how to fix them. The G&P will last far longer than the Echo 1 will, for a number of different reasons that I thought were evident, but clearly you don't see them. It's mostly in the engineering and build quality. Since you've obviously never even held a true high-end like G&G or G&P, I don't expect you to get this, but they're much better guns; way more reliable than even a TM.

I've been airsofting for over 14 years, and have owned my Systema TW M16 for 8 years. I have fired over 600K rounds through it, and it's still working great. The only thing I've replaced is the battery. There are very few other guns that can say the same. An Echo 1 will be seriously lucky to last for 100K.

As for the spare parts, the market is mostly for OTHER guns. The Systema is basically built out of the upgrade parts for other guns; you're buying a fully upgraded gun already. It's also engineered a lot better than any other gun. Now obviously it will break after a lot of use. But that's going to be a heck of a lot of use.

As you say, a little knowledge goes a long way. I am in the habit of only talking about guns that I have or have used and worked on. I'm coming from personal experience and plenty of research; it's pretty clear to me that you can't say the same. Now I know this sounds harsh, but I don't appreciate being flamed by someone who doesn't even own the gun, when I'm speaking from personal experience. There are very few people that do own a Systema; when one of us says something about the gun, you would do best to listen.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
spence52490
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Fort Worth, Texas   Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:04 pm

No where in my post did I flame you. It seems that you cannot handle a positive debate. I aprecciate you informing me on things I didn't know. But unlike you I won't say " omg take a deep breathe go drink some water and stop gettin mad!!!1" I'll just say thank you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
crimsonfalcon07
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Fort Worth, Texas   Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:16 pm

Take it to PM please, we do want to be more professional than UTGOG, right? That means keeping off-topic posts and disagreements to PM's.

Here's an example of a G&P M4 for about 300: http://www.airsoftextreme.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=364_71&products_id=3085&zenid=1285f49b2f497c21d08302b6579c96d3. There's plenty scattered around.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Fort Worth, Texas   

Back to top Go down

Hello from Fort Worth, Texas
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1